13 November 2013

Got to Milan... now in search of Children's Ombudspersons!

I have reached Milan, after a 4 am start today! I will soon make my way to the registration for the Annual Euochild Conference. I have seen on the Conference's website that the Ombudspersons for Children from various countries are attending!

An Ombudsperson for Children is an independent institution which defends children's rights and acts as a champion for children.

I am particularly interested in the role and function of Ombudspersons for Children, as I spent some time earlier this year doing research for a Cape Town children's rights organisation, called Molo Songololo. I helped to develop part of their advocacy document, calling for South Africa to establish an Ombudsperson for Children. They recently held a Roundtable discussion on this.

Given my research, it would be great to have the chance to hear about the work of Ombudspersons for Children firsthand, here in Europe. I am looking forward to the start of the Conference!

No comments:

Post a Comment